Friday 21 July 2006

Bhim's football - भीम की फुटबाल

As a child, I was fascinated by the character of Bhim in the Indian epic, Mahabharata. In my immagination, I saw him as a kind hearted, simple minded giant, full of strength and yet someone who can be easily fooled by others.

In the evening twilight, when I saw the giant balls of hay in the field, I suddenly remembered Bhim. Perhaps he would have played football with these giant footballs.

I had often seen farmers making these balls by some machines but I had never noticed that these are coverd by the transparent plastic sheet, that helps them keep the round form. I had somehow imagined that the machine simply presses the hay together in the round shape.

As I looked at them, a big flock of birds suddenly took off from the back of the field. Perhaps, they had felt my imagination, as I had thought of Bhim kicking those balls?









जब भी महाभारत की कहानी सुनता, भीम की छवि मेरे मन में विशालकाय, भोले पुरुष की बनती. विशालकाय को हिंदी में भीमकाय भी कहते हैं.

खेतों के बीच जब सूखी घास की विशालकाय गेंदें देखीं तो मन में आया कि शायद उनको भीम की गेंदें या फुटबाल भी कहा जा सकता है. शाम के डूबते सूरज की रोशनी में इन गेंदों से भरा कटा हुआ खेत बहुत सुंदर लग रहा था.

करीब से देखा तो पता चला कि सूखी घास को इस तरह गोल गोल पारदर्शी प्लास्टिक से बाँधा जाता है. घास को यह आकार देना और घास जमा करने का काम मशीनों से होता है. इससे यह फायदा भी होता है कि बारिश से कम भीगता है. सर्दियों में जब खेत बर्फ से ढके होंगे, यही घास जानवरों को चारा देने के काम आयेगी.

जब खेत को देख रहा था, अचानक खेत के पीछे से बहुत से पक्षी पँख फड़फड़ाते हुए हवा में उठे. मैंने सोचा कि शायद उन्होंने मेरी कल्पना को महसूस किया हो, जिसमें भीम उन फुटबालों को अपने पैर से किक मार रहा थे!

2 comments:

  1. amazing pictures. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey dude is there any information regardin football in mahabharata... coz i heard drona encouraged football

    ReplyDelete

Daily 3 new images from around the world with a brief reflection in English, Hindi and Italian - Thanks in advance for your comments - Grazie in anticipo per i vostri commenti - आप की टिप्पणियों के लिए धन्यवाद

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers